Know Our Mater Midwives Program
Mater is proud to announce a unique program to our privately and self-funded patients. This program gives women the best of obstetric and midwifery care within the private framework.
Pregnancy and birth are a unique experience to all women, what suits one person may be totally different for another. Mater recognise that not all journeys are the same and have developed a unique program so that women can have choice.
The KOMM program allows women to meet with Mater midwives during their pregnancy so that you form a relationship with the team of midwives who will be looking after you through your antenatal period and birth.
Appointments commence between 20 and 24 weeks then again at 30 to 34 weeks, during these visits the midwifery team will cover:
- Aspects of birthing
- Discuss tests and procedures that are relevant to your pregnancy journey
- Discuss routine screening that is performed through your antenatal journey such as: depression score, smoking cessation, alcohol and other drugs and safe start
- The midwife will introduce you to aspects of breast feeding or bottle feeding. You will be given support through our breast feeding clinics and our breast feeding consultant
- The midwife will share information and advise into immunisations that are recommended through pregnancy
- Common symptoms that you may experience through pregnancy
There are areas that the midwives will cover that you have already discussed with your obstetricians; this replication will reinforce your knowledge and your confidence throughout your pregnancy.
This program is designed to enhance your obstetric journey and promote a lasting relationship with the midwifery team
Mater midwives support ‘Womens Choice’ and we recognise the need to offer holistic care to private mothers. Mater midwives work in collaboration with our team of dedicated obstetricians and paediatricians to enhance your private experience.
If you would like to be a part of this program please discuss your options with your obstetrician. If you choose not to participate in this program you will still be seen by the midwives for your booking-in visit at 30 to 34 weeks.
To make a booking please contact us:
Phone: (07) 4722 8866