Mater Townsville is a Catholic, not-for-profit, private health organisation. Mater reflects in its policies and practices the ethical and moral teachings of the Catholic Church. Those who accept appointment as a facility’s Accredited Practitioner agree to respect and observe the principles embodied in:
- Our Mission, Vision and Values
Other information practitioners should be aware of before completing an application include:
If you would still like to find out more and show your interest in becoming a Visiting Medical Officer, please complete our Expression of Interest Form.
If you are currently an accredited practioner and wish to extend your scope of practice or undertake a new procedure or clinical service, additional information will be required (including details of training, supervision and number of procedures performed). Please contact the Clincial Governance Coordinator in this instance.
Please note: Under our By-Laws, applications will not be processed unless they include:
1. A copy of your Curriculum Vitae listing:
- Education and training history
- All past and continuing health care related employment (including period of employment
- Accreditation by professional colleges or association
2. Copies of all relevant qualification certificates
3. Evidence of CPD (if specialist)
4. Evidence of current professional registration
5. A current insurance policy schedule or insurance certificate (on company stationery) stating:
- Specialty covered
- Policy Claim Limit (for example $20 Million)
- the period of insurance (for example 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019)
6. Names and contact details of three referees familiar with your clinical practice. Where appropriate, referees should include a direct Clinical Supervisor at a facility you have worked.
7. Photo identification (including Driver's Licence or Passport)