The Volunteer Program has more than 60 dedicated volunteers who work at both hospitals. The dedicated volunteers are committed to enhancing the hospital experience for patients and their families.
The Mater volunteers give more than 1000 hours each month to the hospital and are managed by a Volunteer Coordinator.
Recruiting for volunteer positons is ongoing however it is dependant on vacancies. Once an application is submitted, the Volunteer Coordinator will interview the applicant to guage their experience and suitablity for any vacant roles.
If there are no roles currently available, the applicant can request their application be kept on file for future vacancies.
- Meet and Greet
- Pastoral Care Volunteers
- Education Department
- Medical Records
- Books and Café trolley
- Patients Liaison Volunteers
- Volunteer Companion
- Café Volunteers
- Mail Delivery
- The Courtesy Vehicle is operated by Volunteers from 10 am to 2 pm Monday to Fridays. The service is available to drop patients home after discharge from the hospital. They can drop family members locally and can assist with other driving tasks. The service is not available to bring patients to specialist appointments or admissions to the hospital.
- The service is reliant on volunteers, therefore, no advanced booking can be guaranteed.
For enquiries regarding the service and the availability contact:
Due to the clinical environment, mandatory safety requirements and the changing nature of volunteer work required at our hospitals, all volunteers must be able to:
- Work independently with limited supervision
- Read and comprehend basic safety signs and instructions
- Undertake annual mandatory health and safety training
- Communicate clearly and follow instructions
- Be independently physically mobile
- All volunteers are asked to commit for a minimum period of six months.
- You must be available to attend a regular three to four hour shift on the same day and time between 8 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
You must be 18 years or older and not currently undertaking Year 12 to volunteer at Mater.
To find our more information please
Phone: (07) 4727 4118 or 0497 262 476.
or complete your expression of interest below.